Seamless Video Walls
What is a seamless video wall?
A seamless video wall is a wall-mounted array of large LED or LCD displays, generally controlled by a single personal computer or display controller, used for many different functions, from functioning as a single large display in a theater to providing one or more background images behind a presenter in front of a camera, much like what is often used in news broadcasts.
What makes these video walls seamless?
While much advancement has taken place in this area throughout the last decade, most computer monitors, displays, televisions and some video walls are housed by large bezels, often to accommodate either the internal display components or external input methods, such as buttons to power the displays on or off and control color calibration. This is adequate for a simple single-display scenario, but is sub-optimal for linking many displays together, as the large bezels diminish immersion and often prove to be a distraction from the contents being displayed.
Because our displays are controlled externally from a separate controller, however, we can create displays with bezels as thin as 5.5mm–roughly half the width of a #2 pencil. This results in a highly immersive and cohesive single display when many of these displays are linked and controlled together.
What are the advantages of a seamless video wall over other solutions (projectors, large single displays, etc.)?
Our seamless video walls have several advantages over other solutions, including:
Who should consider a seamless video wall?
- Modular design – Our displays use TileMatrix™ technology, which enables practically endless multi-display grid combinations from 2 x 2 to 10 x 10, as well as creating wide configurations such as 3 x 2, 6 x 3, 9 x 3, etc., allowing your business to configure a display option best suited for each individual need.
- Multiple display outputs – HDMI, DVI, VGA, and DisplayPort are all supported, allowing for maximum compatibility with industry-standard components.
- High resolutions – each of our monitors have a native resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels. A 2 x 2 grid will have a resolution of 3,840 x 2,160, often referred to as “UHD” or “4K”. Thus, the resolution will continue to scale with each additional monitor, allowing for highly detailed images and crisp text, even on the largest of grids.
- Color calibration – each display can be professionally calibrated. This is especially important in multi-monitor setups where color uniformity and accuracy is of utmost importance.
- Individual display control – Although the primary use of a seamless video wall is to create a single immersive image across many displays, each display features its own controller as well, allowing a user to activate only the necessary displays for a given use case, or to display separate images on multiple displays.
- Granular brightness control – Although seemingly rudimentary, seamless video walls provide excellent visual clarity and fidelity in any environment, from a dimly-lit theater to a sun-drenched conference room, thanks to its granular brightness control and anti-glare surface.
>> You May Also Like: Touch Screen Video Walls
Any business or organization, whether it be a small start-up or a billion-dollar enterprise, looking to increase its production value in media endeavors or create a more pleasing, immersive, attention-grabbing environment for presentation attendees should strongly consider a seamless video wall. Its seamless immersion will capture and retain audience attention, its modular nature proves to be suitable for nearly any size meeting room from the smallest conference room to large theaters, and its color calibration, brightness control, and varied display input provides not only a seamless video wall, but a seamless experience for both users and audiences alike.